Narrative project





Snapshots Unit: Narrative Reflection

Dear 8th-grade families,

In the upcoming weeks, students are looking at one of the purposes of writing: to express ourselves and reflect on life. One of the most powerful tools for expression of memories are photographs. Over next week and the week after, we will be creating a narrative/descriptive poem with an accompanying video.

Tomorrow we will talk about the videos and the expectations, which we will continue to cover over the next week. Videos will be due on Oct. 30th, so students have two weekends to work on the project. We’ll work with the poems starting Monday. The poems will be typed at school. Students will have some time in the lab to work on the videos at school, but some of the work will be done at home. We are working to create Animoto videos, which will be presented to the class. If you do not have any digital photos, I have told the student to let me know and we will work together. The video and poem combined will be a 100-point project. 

Here is an example of the video I made of my life. 


Animoto accounts are private. The only way to access a video is if someone provides the link. My goal with these was to post them in a special section on my blog, which is how we will access them when we are presenting them. However, if you do not want your student’s video to be posted or you would prefer them not to make a video (they would do an alternate assignment), it will not harm the grade in any way. Please let me know if you would not like me to post your student’s work. If I do not receive a response from you, I will assume you are OK with this.

To see some examples that students made in years past, visit: 

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speakers

7th Grade Social Studies

Quarter 2 projects