Big Sonia

Today was a great day! I loved hearing quotes like this from your students:
"Excuse me, I'm off to change the world!"
" I learned that everything is a gift, and I can't take anything for granted."

I encourage you to talk to your students. Many left feeling inspired, but there were also some pieces of her story that were tough to hear. Your child might want to externally process.

Thanks to all who drove!
The filmmakers surprised us and showed up for a Q&A!

They also brought Sonia's animal print chair as a prop. 



Thanks to the Brady family for sharing their connection with Sonia! To think it all started with a fourth grade specialty project. 

If you'd like to see the movie, it will be at Glenwood Arts for the rest of the week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speakers

7th Grade Social Studies

Quarter 2 projects