Snapshots Unit

Dear 8th-grade families,


In the upcoming weeks, students are looking at one of the purposes of writing: to express ourselves and reflect on life. One of the most powerful tools for expression of memories are photographs. In class, we have been creating a narrative/descriptive poem and we will be working on an accompanying video. Students had a heads up that they would need pictures, so hopefully they've told you! If you don't have many pictures/videos available electronically, please don't stress. Students and I will be working Thursday on the videos in class. Students can bring any pictures for me to scan in then. The video program we use also has clip art students can add in. All the students will be fine! We always find a way to make it work. The week after Easter break on that Tuesday, we will be presenting our poems and videos in class. 

Animoto accounts are private. The only way to access a video is if someone provides the link. My goal with these is to post them in a special section on my blog, which is how we will access them when we are presenting them. However, if you do not want your student’s video to be posted or you would prefer them not to make a video (they would do an alternate assignment), it will not harm the grade in any way. Please let me know if you would not like me to post your student’s work. If I do not receive a response from you, I will assume you are OK with this.

Thanks so much for partnering with me!

Miss R

To see some examples that students made in years past, visit:
2016: http://shojms.blogspot.com/2016/04/class-of-2016s-narrative-videos.html


The video I made my first year of teaching. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speakers

Quarter 2 projects

7th Grade Social Studies