Science update!

Hello 7th and 8th grade parents!!

As the students wrap up another shorter week, I find myself stopping to reflect on how lucky and blessed we are to be in such a great school with great staff, students and families!

7th graders are wrapping up their introduction to cells this week. Next week, we will begin talk about movement in and out of cells. Diffusion, osmosis and active transport are all terms that they will begin to hear a lot about!

The 8th graders are finishing up naming binary compounds. While I do think this topic was challenging for the 8th graders, I was so excited to see how hard they were working to ensure they grasped this concept. This will only help them in the future as we continue to build on these skills. Next week they will be introduced to balancing chemical equations. Again, I know they will do GREAT!!

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Have a great extended weekend!

Mrs. Summers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speakers

7th Grade Social Studies

Quarter 2 projects